We are pleased to announce the following services that allow you to self-refer without the need to see your GP. This makes it far more convenient for you to access help and the providers can feedback the outcome to your GP.
What is Physio Direct Advice Line?
Physio Direct Advice Line is a telephone self referral service which has been set up to provide early advice and management for adults with back/neck/joint problems or following injuries. You do not need a GP referral to access this service.
0300 555 0210
Who is the service for?
The service is for anyone over the age of 18 years who is registered with a Cambridge City/South Cambridgeshire/Huntingdon GP practice.
Who will I speak to?
A Senior Chartered Physiotherapist will be at the end of the phone to take your call.
Often the phone-lines are very busy. An alternative referral method is to complete a self-referral form. If you fill in a self referral form this will generate a face to face assessment, and then you would be offered advice on self management or advice and a further appointment.
2) Counselling / CBT self-referral
The Psychological Wellbeing Service (IAPT) offers psychological treatments across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. If you would like support, please discuss a referral with your GP or alternatively you may also refer yourself directly via the Internet (preferred option) at: www.cpft.nhs.uk or Telephone: 0300 300 0055
This service is set up to help those aged 17 and over who are suffering from mild to moderate depression and anxiety disorders including generalised anxiety, social anxiety, post traumatic stress, health anxiety, panic, phobia or obsessive compulsive disorder. All of the talking therapies offered as part of our Psychological Wellbeing Service work by helping you understand what is happening to you, help you to work through your difficult feelings and learn new ways of coping in order to improve your wellbeing.
3) Minor eye condition service
This is a free NHS service available from specially trained Optometrists in the Cambridge area. This is available for patients over 16 years of age with the following conditions:
- Red eyes, red lids
- Dry, gritty, uncomfortable eyes
- Irritated, inflamed eyes
- Sticky discharge, watering eyes
- Ingrown eyelashes
- Foreign bodies in the eye
- Some types of flashes/ floaters
- Recent and sudden loss of vision.
Where can I go?
- A & I Lask - 42 Chesterton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1EN 01223357303
- Anglia Ruskin University Eye Clinic - East Rd, Cambridge, CB1 1PT 01223698070
- Boots Opticians - 20-21 Lion Yd, Cambridge, CB2 3NA 01223360006
- D Murphy Optometrists, 34 Newmarket Road, Cambridge, CB5 8DT 01223351819
- Specsavers, 13-15 Fitzroy Street, Cambridge, CB1 1ER 01223305241
- Specsavers, 30 Lion Yd, Cambridge, CB2 3NA - 01223366805
If you require immediate onward referral for a serious eye condition this can be arranged DIRECTLY from the clinic without needing a GP referral.
Minor eye conditions Leaflet
4) Contraception / Sexual health
An alternative resource for contraception and sexual health other than our practice is the Cambridge iCash Limetree clinic. (Saturday am appointments available)
(Click on the logo below)